Jul 26, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
We marveled when Oslo meet organizers introduced Usain Bolt in a race car last month. It appears the London Anniversary Games did one better. Bolt came out in a rocket at the Olympic Stadium on Friday.
Bolt’s return to the site of his triple gold performance in 2012 begins with a 100 meters at 4:48 p.m. ET on Friday. He’s also expected to run in the 4×100 relay Saturday.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)