Jul 26, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
We marveled when Oslo meet organizers introduced Usain Bolt in a race car last month. It appears the London Anniversary Games did one better. Bolt came out in a rocket at the Olympic Stadium on Friday.
Bolt’s return to the site of his triple gold performance in 2012 begins with a 100 meters at 4:48 p.m. ET on Friday. He’s also expected to run in the 4×100 relay Saturday.
- IOC prez praises ‘dynamism’ of Rio’s progress but warns ‘there is still no time to lose’ 1
- Defense team for Oscar Pistorius closes case 2
- Documentary on LGBT Olympians secretly filmed at Sochi Games 2
- Gay, Richards-Ross sprint to victories in Paris rain 0
- IOC announces 3 finalists to host 2022 Winter Olympics 2
- Video reenacting night Oscar Pistorius shot Reeva Steenkamp leaked 0
- Carmelo Anthony’s Olympic bronze medal sold at auction 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)