Jul 26, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
We marveled when Oslo meet organizers introduced Usain Bolt in a race car last month. It appears the London Anniversary Games did one better. Bolt came out in a rocket at the Olympic Stadium on Friday.
Bolt’s return to the site of his triple gold performance in 2012 begins with a 100 meters at 4:48 p.m. ET on Friday. He’s also expected to run in the 4×100 relay Saturday.
- U.S. wins bronze medal on last day of Paralympics; final medal standings 2
- Mo Farah fine after being wheelchaired off following NYC Half (video) 1
- U.S. blanks Russia for Paralympic sledge hockey gold medal 1
- Ted Ligety wins giant slalom season title in dramatic fashion (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin completes dominating World Cup slalom season (video) 0
- U.S., Russia set for rematch in Paralympic sledge hockey final 0
- Nicklas Backstrom will receive Olympic silver medal 0