Jul 23, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Bolt tweeted a link to the Amazon page for his book to be released in either September (if you believe Bolt’s tweet) or October (if you believe Amazon).
Its title: “Faster Than Lightning: My Autobiography.” Neither the cover nor the title are too newsworthy, but how it becomes is interesting is when looking at Bolt’s previous books.
In 2010, he published an autobiography (with the help of British journalist Shaun Custis) titled, “My Story: 9.58: Being The World’s Fastest Man.” (It was updated after the 2012 Olympics)
In 2011, Mike Rowbottom wrote a book on Bolt with the title, “Fast As Lightning.”
So, is Bolt’s speed equal to or greater than that of the meteorological phenomenon? Guess we must read to find out.
In other Bolt news, he reportedly was not on the initial entry list for this weekend’s Diamond League meet at London’s Olympic Stadium.
But as of Tuesday afternoon, he was among the listed men for the 100 meters that will be run at 4:48 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday.
Bolt’s primary competition in his return to the site of his 2012 Olympic triple gold performance will be countryman Nesta Carter, whose season’s best 9.87 is faster than Bolt’s 9.94.
There’s also upstart Brit James Dasaolu, who clocked a 9.91 at the British national championships two weeks ago.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)