Lindsey Vonn: I won’t get married again

Jul 17, 2013, 10:02 AM EST

Lindsey Vonn AP

Lindsey Vonn opened up about her relationship with Tiger Woods, her rehab from knee surgery and more in a Vogue magazine story published online Wednesday.

“Off to the Races: Olympic Skier” includes images of Vonn from famous photographer Annie Leibovitz at a June interview and photo shoot in New York City.

Vonn grimaced when asked if she would get married again.

“No, thanks!” she said. “I am definitely not getting married. To anyone.”

She also recounted her first meeting with Woods at a charity event in 2012.

“We immediately clicked, you know?” she said. “It was just one of those things.

“We talked a lot, corresponded a lot, and he was a good friend who was always there. And then it became more.”

She pauses for a moment and smiles. “It’s amazing. Life changes very quickly, in a very positive way, if you let it.” She laughs. “I am a little bit of a late bloomer. I’m delayed. Having a delayed reaction here! But I figured it out.”

Vonn, 28, said she no longer talks to her former husband and coach, Thomas Vonn

“Honestly, I wouldn’t take anything back,” she said. “I wouldn’t change being married. It was good for me and I was happy for a period of time, and I learned a lot about myself.”

Vonn’s rehab training has increased to playing tennis and “doing jump progressions into a pool,” according to the article. She still expects to get back on skis again in September with her first race in Beaver Creek, Colo., after Thanksgiving.

Will the memories of her crash weigh on her in future races?

“I don’t know,” said Vonn, who hopes to defend her Olympic downhill title in Sochi in February. “I mean, I’m hoping that it won’t affect me. But I foresee that maybe if conditions are bad, like they were when I crashed, I might have more hesitation than I normally would. And you can’t really have that if you’re trying to be the fastest. I’m someone who can watch my crash a million times and it doesn’t bother me. I don’t really get afraid. Maybe I’m crazy. Maybe I’m missing that part.”

Asked about her future in skiing, the three-time Olympian reiterated she plans on competing through the 2015 world championships in Vail, Colo.

“You can compete till about 34,” said Vonn, who turns 29 in October. “Or even longer. But most women retire because they want to have kids. If you’re successful and your body’s holding up, you could keep going, but most women don’t. But I don’t know: I said I’m going to ski through the 2015 world championships in Vail and then … assess the situation.”

Senator says U.S. should consider Sochi Olympic boycott