Jul 16, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
Lolo Jones and U.S. bobsled teammate Aja Evans were present during an incident at Roomers Night Club in Lake Placid, N.Y., on Friday night, but Jones did not “knock out” anyone as had been previously said, according to the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation (USBSF).
“There was an incident that occurred on Friday night and our coaches are talking to the athletes and witnesses, which follows USBSF procedures,” a USBSF spokesperson said in an email.
Jones, who has been training in her winter sport at the site of the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Winter Games, was involved in an incident with the stepdaughter of Lake Placid sliding track manager Tony Carlino, according to Fox Sports Radio.
USBSF could not confirm that Carlino’s stepdaughter was involved.
Lake Placid police have not charged anyone and don’t expect to, according to The Associated Press.
Jones is still slated to compete in the upcoming U.S. bobsled push championships in Calgary.
Carlino would not confirm or deny an incident took place when contacted by telephone Sunday. An email to Jones’ agent Tuesday morning was not returned. A voicemail was left with Roomers before its Tuesday business hours.
Six-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen spoke of the incident, without naming a source, on Fox Sports Radio on Monday night.
Jones, 30, finished fourth at the 2012 Olympics in the 100-meter hurdles. She was seventh in 2008, leading until hitting the penultimate hurdle.
Jones took up bobsledding last fall and made the U.S. team for the world championships, winning a gold medal in the mixed team event. She returned to track this season but failed to make the worlds team and ended her campaign earlier this month to return to bobsled training.
The U.S. will likely qualify a trio of two-woman bobsled teams for the Olympics. Jones is in the running — though not a favorite after her first season — to be a push athlete on one of the sleds.
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 1
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 0
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin set up duel; South African stretchered off after 400m gold 0
- U.S. goes medal-less at World Championships; Bolt, Gatlin, Felix advance 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)