Jul 15, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
As you can imagine, track and field made plenty of headlines in newsprint Monday.
American record holder Tyson Gay‘s admission to a positive drug test made the front page of The New York Times (bottom right corner), his hometown newspaper, the Lexington Herald-Leader, and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, where he went to college.
In Jamaica, Asafa Powell‘s positive test was front and center on one of the nation’s two biggest national newspapers — the Jamaica Observer.
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 0
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Lindsey Vonn struggles in St. Moritz downhill (video) 0
- Jason Brown leads U.S. short program; quad debate stoked 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)