Jul 15, 2013, 9:25 AM EDT
As you can imagine, track and field made plenty of headlines in newsprint Monday.
American record holder Tyson Gay‘s admission to a positive drug test made the front page of The New York Times (bottom right corner), his hometown newspaper, the Lexington Herald-Leader, and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, where he went to college.
In Jamaica, Asafa Powell‘s positive test was front and center on one of the nation’s two biggest national newspapers — the Jamaica Observer.
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 0
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 2
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 4
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)