Jul 15, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
As you can imagine, track and field made plenty of headlines in newsprint Monday.
American record holder Tyson Gay‘s admission to a positive drug test made the front page of The New York Times (bottom right corner), his hometown newspaper, the Lexington Herald-Leader, and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, where he went to college.
In Jamaica, Asafa Powell‘s positive test was front and center on one of the nation’s two biggest national newspapers – the Jamaica Observer.
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia (video) 0
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 5
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0