Jul 9, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
The World University Games recalled 3,014 medals after at least two athletes reported breaking their medals, according to R-Sport.
The World University Games are held from July 6-17 in Kazan, Russia, but the medal manufacturer is different from that which makes the medals for the Sochi Olympics, according to the report.
Chinese diver Qin Tian and Russian wrestler Azamat Laipanov reportedly dropped and broke their medals. They were given replacements.
“Now I have two medals, and I’m going to take care of them very carefully,” Qin told R-Sport.
Medal manufacturer Goznak is in Kazan to fix the problem. It is unclear if the 200-plus medals already won will have to be replaced.
- WATCH LIVE: Sochi Paralympics, Day 1 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 0