Jul 8, 2013, 10:57 AM EST
The great news is now flooding in for Great Britain.
One day after Andy Murray ended the nation’s Wimbledon men’s singles drought and two days after Chris Froome took the Tour de France’s yellow jersey, another British Olympian took the spotlight Monday.
Zara Phillips, granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Olympic equestrian silver medalist, is expecting her first child with husband and England rugby star Mike Tindall.
The announcement was made by Buckingham Palace. Phillips is 14th in line to take the royal throne.
Phillips, 32, won silver aboard High Kingdom as part of the British group in team eventing at the London Olympics.
The news comes in before the expected birth of Prince William and wife Kate’s first child later this month.
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)