Jul 8, 2013, 10:57 AM EST
The great news is now flooding in for Great Britain.
One day after Andy Murray ended the nation’s Wimbledon men’s singles drought and two days after Chris Froome took the Tour de France’s yellow jersey, another British Olympian took the spotlight Monday.
Zara Phillips, granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Olympic equestrian silver medalist, is expecting her first child with husband and England rugby star Mike Tindall.
The announcement was made by Buckingham Palace. Phillips is 14th in line to take the royal throne.
Phillips, 32, won silver aboard High Kingdom as part of the British group in team eventing at the London Olympics.
The news comes in before the expected birth of Prince William and wife Kate’s first child later this month.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)