Jul 5, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
Sochi 2014 leader Dmitry Chernyshenko praised the London 2012 Games but at the same time expects Sochi to to be even better, he told R-Sport.
“London managed to make the 2012 Games some of the most memorable in history,” Chernyshenko told R-Sport. “And practice shows: Every successive Games are more creative and more dramatic than the last.
“Sochi will be no exception. We are obviously utilizing the experience and the best practices of our British colleagues, and in 2014 we’ll do all we can to leave behind an unprecedented legacy, for ourselves first of all.”
Chernyshenko celebrated the six-year anniversary of Sochi being awarded the 2014 Olympics on July 4. The Sochi Games begin in a little over 200 days. The opening ceremony will be Feb. 7, but there will be events starting before the cauldron is lit in the Black Sea resort.
May 30, 2015, 6:42 AM EDT
“This competition is not about me.”
May 30, 2015, 6:40 AM EDT
The Diamond League meet continues Saturday on NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
May 29, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“It was scary, but I was lucky.”
May 29, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
Kipsang also provided his plan for racing the rest of the year.
May 29, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
The Prefontaine Classic will remember the distance running icon Friday and Saturday.
Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A
May 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Torres’ daughter now swims and looks up her mom’s races on YouTube.
May 28, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
The competition will be live on NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra on Saturday and Sunday.
May 28, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
Ross spoke with FIVB about the pair’s prospects for the near future.
May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Several of the top U.S. contenders for World Championships medals will be in action.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Cain must be in top shape one month from now for the biggest domestic meet of the season.
May 27, 2015, 11:51 AM EDT
Walsh Jennings has a history of shoulder problems.
May 27, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Uhlaender isn’t finished with her sliding career, though.
May 26, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
Also, Asafa Powell won a 100m race.
May 26, 2015, 8:13 AM EDT
She may change coaches after the World Championships.
May 23, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Nathan Adrian’s biggest rival in the 100m freestyle could still be an Australian.
May 22, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
The 2000 Olympic champion continues to struggle with weight loss.
May 22, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
“We’re not baking cakes.”
May 22, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
“We want to rebuild the arena of the Colosseum so that the athletes can be lifted in like the gladiators in the Roman times.”
May 22, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The U.S. won “Beat the Streets” 9-4.
May 21, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Skaters, skiers, gymnasts, track and field athletes and more.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 1
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)