Jul 2, 2013, 6:15 AM EDT
Ryan Lochte could soon add an acting accolade to his athletic accomplishments.
The 11-time Olympic swimming medalist was nominated for a Teen Choice Award not for his exploits at London 2012, but for his debut season of “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?” on E!, it was announced Monday.
Lochte is in the running for the Teen Choice Award for male reality TV star, along with Kevin Jonas (“Married to Jonas”), Gordon Ramsay (“Hell’s Kitchen” and “Masterchef”), The Robertsons (“Duck Dynasty”) and The Wanted (“The Wanted Life”). The awards air Aug. 11 on Fox.
This nomination makes up for Lochte’s absence on the awards’ top male athlete finalists announced in May (LeBron James, Michael Phelps, Shaun White, David Beckham, Colin Kaepernick). Five of the six top female athlete nominees are Olympic champions — Gabby Douglas, Missy Franklin, Alex Morgan, Lindsey Vonn and Serena Williams join Danica Patrick.
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 8
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)