Jul 2, 2013, 6:15 AM EDT
Ryan Lochte could soon add an acting accolade to his athletic accomplishments.
The 11-time Olympic swimming medalist was nominated for a Teen Choice Award not for his exploits at London 2012, but for his debut season of “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?” on E!, it was announced Monday.
Lochte is in the running for the Teen Choice Award for male reality TV star, along with Kevin Jonas (“Married to Jonas”), Gordon Ramsay (“Hell’s Kitchen” and “Masterchef”), The Robertsons (“Duck Dynasty”) and The Wanted (“The Wanted Life”). The awards air Aug. 11 on Fox.
This nomination makes up for Lochte’s absence on the awards’ top male athlete finalists announced in May (LeBron James, Michael Phelps, Shaun White, David Beckham, Colin Kaepernick). Five of the six top female athlete nominees are Olympic champions — Gabby Douglas, Missy Franklin, Alex Morgan, Lindsey Vonn and Serena Williams join Danica Patrick.
- Ted Ligety stuns in World Cup Finals downhill; new overall leader 0
- Alpine Skiing World Cup Finals preview 0
- President Obama sends beer to Canadian prime minister to settle Olympic bet 2
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 0
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 1
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0