Jul 1, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Virgin Media released its latest ad campaign featuring Usain Bolt on Monday. In two commercials, Bolt takes to lifting weights and sprinting against less-than-stellar competition.
In the first ad, Bolt races a shorter, stockier man on a track while carrying a movie reel, aimed to show the speed of Virgin’s fiber-optic broadband network.
Virgin founder Richard Branson fires the starter’s gun.
Of course, Bolt wins the race, and then he joins a couple sitting on a couch watching TV.
In the second ad, Bolt and his competitor are tasked with lifting a bar with two people sitting on each side. Bolt is shown making the lift (with ease!) and then sitting down to a massage and pedicure. Branson is showing sipping from a cup and watching a model train.
Bolt hasn’t made it look that easy this season, barely beating a compatriot in the Cayman Islands and losing to Justin Gatlin in Rome. He’s set to defend his world 200-meter title in August and try to regain his 100-meter title lost when he false started out of the 2011 Daegu worlds final.
May 29, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
The Prefontaine Classic will remember the distance running icon Friday and Saturday.
Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A
May 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Torres’ daughter now swims and looks up her mom’s races on YouTube.
May 28, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
The competition will be live on NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra on Saturday and Sunday.
May 28, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
Ross spoke with FIVB about the pair’s prospects for the near future.
May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Several of the top U.S. contenders for World Championships medals will be in action.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Cain must be in top shape one month from now for the biggest domestic meet of the season.
May 27, 2015, 11:51 AM EDT
Walsh Jennings has a history of shoulder problems.
May 27, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Uhlaender isn’t finished with her sliding career, though.
May 26, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
Also, Asafa Powell won a 100m race.
May 26, 2015, 8:13 AM EDT
She may change coaches after the World Championships.
May 23, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Nathan Adrian’s biggest rival in the 100m freestyle could still be an Australian.
May 22, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
The 2000 Olympic champion continues to struggle with weight loss.
May 22, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
“We’re not baking cakes.”
May 22, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
“We want to rebuild the arena of the Colosseum so that the athletes can be lifted in like the gladiators in the Roman times.”
May 22, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The U.S. won “Beat the Streets” 9-4.
May 21, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Skaters, skiers, gymnasts, track and field athletes and more.
May 21, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
Russia ceded its place as top challenger to the U.S. in recent Olympics.
May 20, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
They were a gift from a previous Olympic host city.
May 20, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Usain Bolt dropped on the list and is no longer the top track and field athlete.
May 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Markus Rehm jumped another personal best on Saturday, moving up the list of top active jumpers.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 1
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)