Jul 1, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Virgin Media released its latest ad campaign featuring Usain Bolt on Monday. In two commercials, Bolt takes to lifting weights and sprinting against less-than-stellar competition.
In the first ad, Bolt races a shorter, stockier man on a track while carrying a movie reel, aimed to show the speed of Virgin’s fiber-optic broadband network.
Virgin founder Richard Branson fires the starter’s gun.
Of course, Bolt wins the race, and then he joins a couple sitting on a couch watching TV.
In the second ad, Bolt and his competitor are tasked with lifting a bar with two people sitting on each side. Bolt is shown making the lift (with ease!) and then sitting down to a massage and pedicure. Branson is showing sipping from a cup and watching a model train.
Bolt hasn’t made it look that easy this season, barely beating a compatriot in the Cayman Islands and losing to Justin Gatlin in Rome. He’s set to defend his world 200-meter title in August and try to regain his 100-meter title lost when he false started out of the 2011 Daegu worlds final.
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 0
- Zurich Diamond League final preview 0
- Jonathan Horton boosted by 2008 teammate to successful return 0
- Sam Mikulak rallies for repeat P&G Championships title (video) 0
- Usain Bolt ends his season 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)