Jul 1, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Virgin Media released its latest ad campaign featuring Usain Bolt on Monday. In two commercials, Bolt takes to lifting weights and sprinting against less-than-stellar competition.
In the first ad, Bolt races a shorter, stockier man on a track while carrying a movie reel, aimed to show the speed of Virgin’s fiber-optic broadband network.
Virgin founder Richard Branson fires the starter’s gun.
Of course, Bolt wins the race, and then he joins a couple sitting on a couch watching TV.
In the second ad, Bolt and his competitor are tasked with lifting a bar with two people sitting on each side. Bolt is shown making the lift (with ease!) and then sitting down to a massage and pedicure. Branson is showing sipping from a cup and watching a model train.
Bolt hasn’t made it look that easy this season, barely beating a compatriot in the Cayman Islands and losing to Justin Gatlin in Rome. He’s set to defend his world 200-meter title in August and try to regain his 100-meter title lost when he false started out of the 2011 Daegu worlds final.
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)