Jul 1, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
Virgin Media released its latest ad campaign featuring Usain Bolt on Monday. In two commercials, Bolt takes to lifting weights and sprinting against less-than-stellar competition.
In the first ad, Bolt races a shorter, stockier man on a track while carrying a movie reel, aimed to show the speed of Virgin’s fiber-optic broadband network.
Virgin founder Richard Branson fires the starter’s gun.
Of course, Bolt wins the race, and then he joins a couple sitting on a couch watching TV.
In the second ad, Bolt and his competitor are tasked with lifting a bar with two people sitting on each side. Bolt is shown making the lift (with ease!) and then sitting down to a massage and pedicure. Branson is showing sipping from a cup and watching a model train.
Bolt hasn’t made it look that easy this season, barely beating a compatriot in the Cayman Islands and losing to Justin Gatlin in Rome. He’s set to defend his world 200-meter title in August and try to regain his 100-meter title lost when he false started out of the 2011 Daegu worlds final.
- Lindsey Vonn completes Lake Louise downhill training run 0
- U.S. Snowboarding unveils ‘heirloom hippie’ Sochi Olympic uniforms (photos) 2
- Grand Prix Final offers glimpse at Olympic figure skating picture 0
- Lindsey Vonn set for Wednesday training run in Lake Louise 0
- USOC will focus on 2024 Olympic bid after Sochi Games 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)