May 14, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Following the lead of Oscars organizers, the Grammys have fled their normal spot on the second Sunday of February in order to avoid conflicting with next year’s Sochi Games.
The Grammys would have traditionally been on Feb. 9, the third night of the Olympics, so the CBS broadcast will instead be moved up two weeks to January 26. The music event did the same thing back in 2010, and shoehorned itself into the Wednesday before the Olympics back in 2006.
The Oscars actually went the other direction on the calendar, and will be held a week or so after the Games on March 2. This just goes to show how excited Jay-Z and Beyonce are for Sochi.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)