May 14, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Following the lead of Oscars organizers, the Grammys have fled their normal spot on the second Sunday of February in order to avoid conflicting with next year’s Sochi Games.
The Grammys would have traditionally been on Feb. 9, the third night of the Olympics, so the CBS broadcast will instead be moved up two weeks to January 26. The music event did the same thing back in 2010, and shoehorned itself into the Wednesday before the Olympics back in 2006.
The Oscars actually went the other direction on the calendar, and will be held a week or so after the Games on March 2. This just goes to show how excited Jay-Z and Beyonce are for Sochi.
- Michael Phelps may be reinstated for World Championships, report says 0
- David Boudia scraps springboard plan; Nick McCrory retires 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)