May 14, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Following the lead of Oscars organizers, the Grammys have fled their normal spot on the second Sunday of February in order to avoid conflicting with next year’s Sochi Games.
The Grammys would have traditionally been on Feb. 9, the third night of the Olympics, so the CBS broadcast will instead be moved up two weeks to January 26. The music event did the same thing back in 2010, and shoehorned itself into the Wednesday before the Olympics back in 2006.
The Oscars actually went the other direction on the calendar, and will be held a week or so after the Games on March 2. This just goes to show how excited Jay-Z and Beyonce are for Sochi.
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Tori Bowie, Justin Gatlin star at Monaco Diamond League meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)