May 9, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
Anyone expecting to be dazzled by Usain Bolt this early in the season was probably asking too much, especially after he pulled out of last week’s Kingston Invitational with a hamstring strain.
But clocking 10.09-seconds in the 100m to win the Cayman Invitational was still disappointing, and barely beating young training partner Kemar Bailey-Cole in a photo-finish didn’t help.
“I just did not feel the power from the blocks and when I got to 50m it wasn’t the normal race,” Bolt admitted. “It was just a bad race. I have to go back and figure out with my coach what went wrong.”
Bolt, who was once again sluggish out of the blocks Wednesday, seems to know how to turn it on when it counts. He did the same last year, running an unimpressive 10.04 in Ostrava and then losing twice to compatriot Yohan Blake at the Jamaican track trials before once again blowing away the field for three golds at the Olympics.
“It was good to get a win but now it’s time to go back to the drawing board.”
And he’ll probably have it all figured out by the World Championships in Moscow later this year, but if not, we’re sure Tyson Gay would be happy to bring the 2013 title home to the U.S.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Olympic champion’s status for World Championships in January is unclear.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
Legal battle may not be finished, however.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Japanese site could break a 46-year Winter Olympic streak.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
Tikhonov died earlier this week at 84 after a long illness.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
Olympic champion hopes to return for Beaver Creek next weekend.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:03 AM EST
Grand Prix final picture includes plenty of Americans.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
Full schedule of coverage across World Cups, Grand Prix events and World Championships.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:42 AM EST
Sister-brother team had bronze medals, but the official results didn’t reflect that until Tuesday.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
Neither has competed since the London Olympics.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
Scheduling conflicts, another new event?
Nov 25, 2014, 9:27 AM EST
Christ the Redeemer, Olympic motto honored on the coins.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Phelps is working toward 2015 goals, a North Baltimore official said.
Nov 24, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
An MRI and bone scan showed no structural damage.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:25 AM EST
Canada won its first men’s hockey Olympic gold in 50 years under Quinn.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:11 AM EST
Olympic champion Shields was named the tournament’s best overall boxer.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Tikhonov led the Soviets in the Miracle on Ice game.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:42 AM EST
Sun tested positive for a substance he could have used legally if he filed paperwork with anti-doping officials.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
Public vote to name the mascots.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:38 PM EST
Video of how he suffered the injury was posted on Ligety’s social media.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
It’s unlikely a U.S. man will qualify for the Grand Prix Final.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)