Lindsey and Tiger make first public appearance

May 7, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT

OXCcOzu Getty Images

Tiger may have missed his chance to walk the red carpet with girlfriend Lindsey Vonn at last week’s Delete Blood Cancer gala because he was practicing, but he made sure to be on her arm at the famous Met Gala in New York Monday night for the couple’s first public appearance together.

And while it’s a bit disappointing they disregarded the “Punk: From Chaos to Couture” theme and instead went with a classic black and white look, they still had that red carpet razzmatazz.

The two world-class athletes met last April, became friendly in the fall, and have been Facebook official since March, when they posted pictures and messages together. Vonn has since been seen in the galleries of the Masters, and will probably be following Tiger around the course at the Player’s Championship this week after being comfortable enough to ditch her knee brace.

And we fully expect to see Tiger rooting Lindsey to another downhill gold in Sochi next February.

1. massconn72 - May 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Does anybody really give a damn?

• Matthew Kitchen - May 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM

You’re the one who clicked on the link, so you tell me.

• drelms - May 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Maybe he clicked for the same reason I did, to make a comment about some bull shit excuse for news. The two of them are perfect for each other losers, cheats, and washed ups. Let’s see how long this progressive couple can make it work until he is seen with other women

• florida727 - May 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I don’t think Lindsey Vonn can be classified as a “loser, cheat, or washed up”. She’s won enough to not be classified in the loser category. How exactly do you cheat in skiing? Take a pass on a few of the gates? And she’s in the prime of her career accomplishment-wise so washed up doesn’t exactly apply either.

Tiger on the other hand, I have no respect or regard for. I met him once in the media center at Bay Hill. I have a Masters flag signed by 21 champions. I approached him and asked him to sign it. Tried to be as polite and respectful as possible. Not only did he not respond, he turned his back to me and walked away. And there’s no question he heard me, because there was literally no one else within 20 feet of us. He’s an arrogant @$$hole. If I had blonde hair and tits though, I’m sure he’d have signed it. I hope he never sniffs Jack’s record. Not exactly the role model golf needs if you know what I mean.

2. carryingconcealed - May 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You, apparently…

3. andymaco - May 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Jealous Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dr7464 - May 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Anybody else find it odd that she looks a lot like Elin??

• gwest40 - May 7, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Nah, no surprise there. My wife looks just like my old inflatable doll!

• florida727 - May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Assuming your wife has access to OlyTalk, enjoy the couch tonight. Hilarious. Can I use that or do you have copyrights on it? I’ll be laughing all day. Thanks.

• ahemahem - May 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM

She’s a blonde. That doesn’t mean she looks like Elin.

Elin’s prettier.