May 7, 2013, 9:18 AM EST
Tiger may have missed his chance to walk the red carpet with girlfriend Lindsey Vonn at last week’s Delete Blood Cancer gala because he was practicing, but he made sure to be on her arm at the famous Met Gala in New York Monday night for the couple’s first public appearance together.
And while it’s a bit disappointing they disregarded the “Punk: From Chaos to Couture” theme and instead went with a classic black and white look, they still had that red carpet razzmatazz.
The two world-class athletes met last April, became friendly in the fall, and have been Facebook official since March, when they posted pictures and messages together. Vonn has since been seen in the galleries of the Masters, and will probably be following Tiger around the course at the Player’s Championship this week after being comfortable enough to ditch her knee brace.
And we fully expect to see Tiger rooting Lindsey to another downhill gold in Sochi next February.
- Olympic Year in Review: Winter Sports 0
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 7
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)