May 7, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
Tiger may have missed his chance to walk the red carpet with girlfriend Lindsey Vonn at last week’s Delete Blood Cancer gala because he was practicing, but he made sure to be on her arm at the famous Met Gala in New York Monday night for the couple’s first public appearance together.
And while it’s a bit disappointing they disregarded the “Punk: From Chaos to Couture” theme and instead went with a classic black and white look, they still had that red carpet razzmatazz.
The two world-class athletes met last April, became friendly in the fall, and have been Facebook official since March, when they posted pictures and messages together. Vonn has since been seen in the galleries of the Masters, and will probably be following Tiger around the course at the Player’s Championship this week after being comfortable enough to ditch her knee brace.
And we fully expect to see Tiger rooting Lindsey to another downhill gold in Sochi next February.
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 8
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)