May 6, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
“In a crowd, he’s so modest and humble. He doesn’t stand out.” If I gave you nineteen guesses I’m not sure you’d come within a thousand miles of saying that quote was about brash world record holder Usain Bolt, who – and it’s a credit to his talent – spends more time posing than actually running.
Today, he’s driving around in a gold Nissan Gt-R, personalized with a license plate that reads “Mr. Bolt.” But nine years ago, he was just a shy kid celebrating his seventeenth birthday in Paris. Check out the Trans World Sport profile of the world’s fastest man back when he was simply the world’s fastest boy.
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)