May 6, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
“In a crowd, he’s so modest and humble. He doesn’t stand out.” If I gave you nineteen guesses I’m not sure you’d come within a thousand miles of saying that quote was about brash world record holder Usain Bolt, who – and it’s a credit to his talent – spends more time posing than actually running.
Today, he’s driving around in a gold Nissan Gt-R, personalized with a license plate that reads “Mr. Bolt.” But nine years ago, he was just a shy kid celebrating his seventeenth birthday in Paris. Check out the Trans World Sport profile of the world’s fastest man back when he was simply the world’s fastest boy.
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 0
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 0