May 6, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
“In a crowd, he’s so modest and humble. He doesn’t stand out.” If I gave you nineteen guesses I’m not sure you’d come within a thousand miles of saying that quote was about brash world record holder Usain Bolt, who – and it’s a credit to his talent – spends more time posing than actually running.
Today, he’s driving around in a gold Nissan Gt-R, personalized with a license plate that reads “Mr. Bolt.” But nine years ago, he was just a shy kid celebrating his seventeenth birthday in Paris. Check out the Trans World Sport profile of the world’s fastest man back when he was simply the world’s fastest boy.
- Ryan Lochte returns to pool, talks about fan incident 0
- Lindsey Vonn will race in Lake Louise downhill Friday 0
- Tiger Woods unsure if he will go to Sochi Olympics 1
- Japan’s Hanyu breaks high-score record, defending champ Asada leads at Grand Prix Final 0
- Lindsey Vonn’s knee feels ‘stable’ after downhill training run 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)