May 6, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
As we continue to turn back the clock for no apparent reason on a gorgeous Monday, enjoy this 20-part video series (we would have made it 22) on Michael Phelps and the training techniques Bob Bowman used to turn him from a precocious 15-year-old swimmer to history’s greatest Olympic champion.
Notable: Phelps started swimming the backstroke because he was scared to put his face in the water.
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Simone Biles still buzzing after World Championships whirlwind 0
- Gracie Gold calls audible, adds lyrics for post-Olympic season 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White look to uncertain future in ice dancing 0
- U.S. women’s volleyball wins breakthrough World Championship (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)