May 6, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
As we continue to turn back the clock for no apparent reason on a gorgeous Monday, enjoy this 20-part video series (we would have made it 22) on Michael Phelps and the training techniques Bob Bowman used to turn him from a precocious 15-year-old swimmer to history’s greatest Olympic champion.
Notable: Phelps started swimming the backstroke because he was scared to put his face in the water.
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)