Apr 26, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
Fierce Fiver and Olympic gold medalist Jordyn Wieber is in the gym adding some new skills to her already impressive bars repertoire. She’s working with coach John Geddert to add a Weiler full arm bar, which she hopes will soon be referred to as the “Wieber” instead when she uses it in competition. But Jordyn says she’s enjoying getting back in the training mindset.
“Taking a few months off is always tough to come back and get all the skills back and back into shape and everything,” Jordyn said. “But I’m having a lot of fun being around my teammates and cheering them on for their season while also working out… I’m looking forward to getting back into competition soon.”
Her immediate goal is still the 2013 National Championships in August, and she told students at Union High School in Grand Rapids earlier this week that she has Rio on her mind.
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 0
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 0
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)