Apr 26, 2013, 10:27 AM EST
Fierce Fiver and Olympic gold medalist Jordyn Wieber is in the gym adding some new skills to her already impressive bars repertoire. She’s working with coach John Geddert to add a Weiler full arm bar, which she hopes will soon be referred to as the “Wieber” instead when she uses it in competition. But Jordyn says she’s enjoying getting back in the training mindset.
“Taking a few months off is always tough to come back and get all the skills back and back into shape and everything,” Jordyn said. “But I’m having a lot of fun being around my teammates and cheering them on for their season while also working out… I’m looking forward to getting back into competition soon.”
Her immediate goal is still the 2013 National Championships in August, and she told students at Union High School in Grand Rapids earlier this week that she has Rio on her mind.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)