Apr 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EST
Double Olympic champ Mo Farah returned Tuesday to the stadium where he won his 5000m and 10000m golds in front of his home crowd during last summer’s London Games.
“It all comes back at you,” Farah said, reflecting on 2012. “And what a moment it was. The Olympics doesn’t come around often, and to have it right at your doorstep and to do what I did, it was just amazing… I believe if it wasn’t for the [home] crowd I wouldn’t’ have crossed the line first.”
Farah struck his famous MoBot posed for the cameras to promote the upcoming “Anniversary Games” this July at Olympic Stadium, where he and fellow Olympians Jessica Ennis, Usain Bolt, Sally Pearson, Carmelita Jeter, and Kirani James will all compete in the London Diamond League meet.
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)