Apr 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
Double Olympic champ Mo Farah returned Tuesday to the stadium where he won his 5000m and 10000m golds in front of his home crowd during last summer’s London Games.
“It all comes back at you,” Farah said, reflecting on 2012. “And what a moment it was. The Olympics doesn’t come around often, and to have it right at your doorstep and to do what I did, it was just amazing… I believe if it wasn’t for the [home] crowd I wouldn’t’ have crossed the line first.”
Farah struck his famous MoBot posed for the cameras to promote the upcoming “Anniversary Games” this July at Olympic Stadium, where he and fellow Olympians Jessica Ennis, Usain Bolt, Sally Pearson, Carmelita Jeter, and Kirani James will all compete in the London Diamond League meet.
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)