Apr 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
Double Olympic champ Mo Farah returned Tuesday to the stadium where he won his 5000m and 10000m golds in front of his home crowd during last summer’s London Games.
“It all comes back at you,” Farah said, reflecting on 2012. “And what a moment it was. The Olympics doesn’t come around often, and to have it right at your doorstep and to do what I did, it was just amazing… I believe if it wasn’t for the [home] crowd I wouldn’t’ have crossed the line first.”
Farah struck his famous MoBot posed for the cameras to promote the upcoming “Anniversary Games” this July at Olympic Stadium, where he and fellow Olympians Jessica Ennis, Usain Bolt, Sally Pearson, Carmelita Jeter, and Kirani James will all compete in the London Diamond League meet.
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Zurich Diamond League final preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)