Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was on the TODAY show Monday to talk about the premiere of his new E! Entertainment show What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and to explain what sets him apart from his teammates.
“I’m not your average Olympian,” Lochte offered. “You know when you think about Olympians, you think about [how] they eat, they train, they sleep. That’s it. For me that’s not the case at all. I like doing other stuff. I like going out and having a good time. I like doing stuff I could probably get myself hurt in, like playing basketball, skateboarding, surfing – you name it, I’m doing it.”
Lochte admitted that he wasn’t too sure about Reality TV once he realized the cameras really would be everywhere, all the time, whether he was training or eating or simply brushing his teeth. But we’re pretty sure from the promos that he eventually embraced it. Because, well, he’s not your average Olympian.
May 5, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
Three-time World champion explained why he’s returning to competition.
May 5, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
Woods also compared Olympic golf to Olympic tennis.
May 5, 2015, 8:39 AM EDT
“This is just the beginning.”
May 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Liukin could be very busy during Indy 500 week with another competition.
May 4, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
The U.S. only has one Olympian on its roster.
May 4, 2015, 10:19 AM EDT
“The guy who was getting ready to dive on the top board was laughing at me.”
May 3, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
Bolt was seen at the stadium but sat out as an injury precaution.
May 3, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
It’s the first World title for the Americans on home ice.
May 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
They had been together for nearly three years.
May 3, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Both teams crushed their first four opponents to reach this final rematch.
May 2, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Also, Allyson Felix was involved in a collision.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s a rematch of the 2013 World Championship final.
May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The U.S. has dominated opponents so far, but the medal round figures to provide tougher tests.
May 1, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Rhode could become the first Olympian to win medals on five continents.
May 1, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Bolt and Gatlin could go head to head at the IAAF World Relays this weekend.
Apr 30, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
She finished radiation on March 31 and is 99 percent confident she’s cancer-free.
Apr 30, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
“I had prepared my entire life for this one moment and I knew there would not be another opportunity.”
Apr 29, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
The U.S. is undefeated in three games.
Apr 29, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The U.S. looks to clinch a berth in the semifinals.
Apr 29, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Chess officials believe the sport may have a better shot to join the Winter Olympics than the Summer Olympics.
- Patrick Chan’s return about more than elusive Olympic gold medal 0
- Tiger Woods: Olympics ‘very important’ as he attempts climb to Rio 2016 0
- Warren Weir calls Ryan Bailey ‘a little nobody’ after Usain Bolt taunt 2
- U.S. blanks Canada for gold at IPC World Sled Hockey Championship 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Tiger Woods announce breakup 7
- U.S. holds off Usain Bolt at World Relays (video) 2
- Kim Rhode still No. 1 after difficult pregnancy, gun change on road to history in Rio 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)