Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was on the TODAY show Monday to talk about the premiere of his new E! Entertainment show What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and to explain what sets him apart from his teammates.
“I’m not your average Olympian,” Lochte offered. “You know when you think about Olympians, you think about [how] they eat, they train, they sleep. That’s it. For me that’s not the case at all. I like doing other stuff. I like going out and having a good time. I like doing stuff I could probably get myself hurt in, like playing basketball, skateboarding, surfing – you name it, I’m doing it.”
Lochte admitted that he wasn’t too sure about Reality TV once he realized the cameras really would be everywhere, all the time, whether he was training or eating or simply brushing his teeth. But we’re pretty sure from the promos that he eventually embraced it. Because, well, he’s not your average Olympian.
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin: I have to learn how to come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)