Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was on the TODAY show Monday to talk about the premiere of his new E! Entertainment show What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and to explain what sets him apart from his teammates.
“I’m not your average Olympian,” Lochte offered. “You know when you think about Olympians, you think about [how] they eat, they train, they sleep. That’s it. For me that’s not the case at all. I like doing other stuff. I like going out and having a good time. I like doing stuff I could probably get myself hurt in, like playing basketball, skateboarding, surfing – you name it, I’m doing it.”
Lochte admitted that he wasn’t too sure about Reality TV once he realized the cameras really would be everywhere, all the time, whether he was training or eating or simply brushing his teeth. But we’re pretty sure from the promos that he eventually embraced it. Because, well, he’s not your average Olympian.
- Patrick Chan’s return about more than elusive Olympic gold medal 0
- Tiger Woods: Olympics ‘very important’ as he attempts climb to Rio 2016 1
- Warren Weir calls Ryan Bailey ‘a little nobody’ after Usain Bolt taunt 5
- U.S. blanks Canada for gold at IPC World Sled Hockey Championship 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Tiger Woods announce breakup 7
- U.S. holds off Usain Bolt at World Relays (video) 3
- Kim Rhode still No. 1 after difficult pregnancy, gun change on road to history in Rio 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)