Apr 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte was on the TODAY show Monday to talk about the premiere of his new E! Entertainment show What Would Ryan Lochte Do? and to explain what sets him apart from his teammates.
“I’m not your average Olympian,” Lochte offered. “You know when you think about Olympians, you think about [how] they eat, they train, they sleep. That’s it. For me that’s not the case at all. I like doing other stuff. I like going out and having a good time. I like doing stuff I could probably get myself hurt in, like playing basketball, skateboarding, surfing – you name it, I’m doing it.”
Lochte admitted that he wasn’t too sure about Reality TV once he realized the cameras really would be everywhere, all the time, whether he was training or eating or simply brushing his teeth. But we’re pretty sure from the promos that he eventually embraced it. Because, well, he’s not your average Olympian.
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- U.S. sweeps women’s bobsled in Park City (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)