Apr 18, 2013, 7:22 AM EDT
Swedish retailer H&M is getting all patriotic heading into Sochi, and will design Opening and Closing Ceremony outfits, training uniforms, and apparently loungewear for the Swedish national team’s next two Olympic appearances, according to WWD.
The company has released some photos of the outfits, which, if we’re being honest, look pretty great. They’re streamlined, have great colors and prints, and maybe most important, look warm and comfortable.
H&M joins other famous clothiers on the Olympic stage, including Ralph Lauren, who regularly designs the American outfits, and Stella McCartney, who did the British uniforms for their home games in London. Egypt was originally set to wear counterfeit Nike gear last summer before the real Nike donated uniforms, and no one has yet take credit for whatever Spain was wearing.
You’ll be able to purchase the Swedish National Team attire from your local H&M next January, and while I’ll be rooting for Team USA, sign me up for that sweater.
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 0
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 0
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)