Apr 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Miami Heat star LeBron James and South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim took home USSA Athlete of the Month honors for March in an online poll.
LeBron led the Heat in roughly every statistical category during the month, averaging 27.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 8.0 assists, and shooting 57.5 percent as he and his teammates racked up 27 straight wins before finally losing to the Bulls. They finished the month 18-1 and locked up the top seed in the East.
And after nearly two years away from the ice, Kim made her comeback look easy with a win at the world championships in Ontario. She beat defending gold medalist Carolina Kostner of Italy by more than twenty points, and will be a favorite in Sochi next year.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)