Apr 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Miami Heat star LeBron James and South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim took home USSA Athlete of the Month honors for March in an online poll.
LeBron led the Heat in roughly every statistical category during the month, averaging 27.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 8.0 assists, and shooting 57.5 percent as he and his teammates racked up 27 straight wins before finally losing to the Bulls. They finished the month 18-1 and locked up the top seed in the East.
And after nearly two years away from the ice, Kim made her comeback look easy with a win at the world championships in Ontario. She beat defending gold medalist Carolina Kostner of Italy by more than twenty points, and will be a favorite in Sochi next year.
- Michael Phelps ready to start ‘journey’ in comeback meet 0
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)