Apr 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Miami Heat star LeBron James and South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim took home USSA Athlete of the Month honors for March in an online poll.
LeBron led the Heat in roughly every statistical category during the month, averaging 27.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 8.0 assists, and shooting 57.5 percent as he and his teammates racked up 27 straight wins before finally losing to the Bulls. They finished the month 18-1 and locked up the top seed in the East.
And after nearly two years away from the ice, Kim made her comeback look easy with a win at the world championships in Ontario. She beat defending gold medalist Carolina Kostner of Italy by more than twenty points, and will be a favorite in Sochi next year.
- Kosuke Hagino: I’m trying to become like Michael Phelps 0
- Poland wins World Volleyball Championship at home, pandemonium (photos, videos) 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross complete perfect AVP season after wardrobe malfunction 0
- Katie Ledecky wins USA Swimming Athlete of the Year; who are World Swimmers of the Year? 0
- Wallace Spearmon fails drug test, banned 3 months 0
- Ato Boldon’s track and field season awards 1
- Analyzing the U.S. gymnastics women’s World Championships team 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)