Apr 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Miami Heat star LeBron James and South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim took home USSA Athlete of the Month honors for March in an online poll.
LeBron led the Heat in roughly every statistical category during the month, averaging 27.0 points, 8.1 rebounds, 8.0 assists, and shooting 57.5 percent as he and his teammates racked up 27 straight wins before finally losing to the Bulls. They finished the month 18-1 and locked up the top seed in the East.
And after nearly two years away from the ice, Kim made her comeback look easy with a win at the world championships in Ontario. She beat defending gold medalist Carolina Kostner of Italy by more than twenty points, and will be a favorite in Sochi next year.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)