Apr 9, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Three-time Olympic gold medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings introduced her new baby, Scout, on TODAY Tuesday morning, and indicated that being a mother of three won’t stop her from going for gold in Rio come 2016.
“I’m not done dancing yet,” Kerri told Kotb on TODAY. “As far I’m concerned I’m just beginning. Between now and then, there’s a lot of tournaments to play in. I know what I’m gunning for but Rio gold is the ultimate.”
She’ll need to find a new partner for 2016, since Misty May Treanor officially retired following their epic win in London last summer. But we don’t assume that will be a problem. One of her kids could probably do it.
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 0
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)