Apr 8, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
The Americans are gearing up for another game against Finland at the IIHF worlds Monday after beating them last week, 4-2, on the strength of two goals from forward Monique Lamoureux.
If they win the U.S. will very likely play Canada in yet another gold medal game. The two nations have faced-off in every tournament final in the event’s history since 1990, with America’s hat holding a 10-4 lead in the series. The squads have also played for gold in every Olympic final except for 2006.
Canada, which has scored 23 unanswered goals against its opponents at worlds since quickly falling behind 2-0 to the States last week, will probably to decimate the Russians in the late game Monday.
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 0
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 1
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)