Apr 8, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
The Americans are gearing up for another game against Finland at the IIHF worlds Monday after beating them last week, 4-2, on the strength of two goals from forward Monique Lamoureux.
If they win the U.S. will very likely play Canada in yet another gold medal game. The two nations have faced-off in every tournament final in the event’s history since 1990, with America’s hat holding a 10-4 lead in the series. The squads have also played for gold in every Olympic final except for 2006.
Canada, which has scored 23 unanswered goals against its opponents at worlds since quickly falling behind 2-0 to the States last week, will probably to decimate the Russians in the late game Monday.
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)