Apr 8, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
The Americans are gearing up for another game against Finland at the IIHF worlds Monday after beating them last week, 4-2, on the strength of two goals from forward Monique Lamoureux.
If they win the U.S. will very likely play Canada in yet another gold medal game. The two nations have faced-off in every tournament final in the event’s history since 1990, with America’s hat holding a 10-4 lead in the series. The squads have also played for gold in every Olympic final except for 2006.
Canada, which has scored 23 unanswered goals against its opponents at worlds since quickly falling behind 2-0 to the States last week, will probably to decimate the Russians in the late game Monday.
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 2
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)