Apr 8, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
The Americans are gearing up for another game against Finland at the IIHF worlds Monday after beating them last week, 4-2, on the strength of two goals from forward Monique Lamoureux.
If they win the U.S. will very likely play Canada in yet another gold medal game. The two nations have faced-off in every tournament final in the event’s history since 1990, with America’s hat holding a 10-4 lead in the series. The squads have also played for gold in every Olympic final except for 2006.
Canada, which has scored 23 unanswered goals against its opponents at worlds since quickly falling behind 2-0 to the States last week, will probably to decimate the Russians in the late game Monday.
- John Orozco’s mom on his mind as he leads P&G Championships 0
- Bond between Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles 0
- Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin 4th in 100 free, win Pan Pacs relay golds 0
- Simone Biles dominates to open P&G Championships 0
- Amy Van Dyken-Rouen stands, walks with assistance for first time since accident (video) 3
- Sam Mikulak leads one of most decorated P&G Championships fields ever 0
- Katie Ledecky wins 2 Pan Pacs titles; Missy Franklin places 3rd 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)