Apr 6, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh-Jennings, who was apparently pregnant during competition at the London Games last summer, gave birth to said child, now named Scout Margery, Saturday morning at 7:46 a.m.
“Our family feels so blessed to have this beautiful new addition to our family,” Walsh Jennings said in a statement Saturday. “We cherish our lil’ Scout already and can’t wait to watch her as she grows in this world alongside her sweet big brothers.”
Kerri’s rep added that the “mother and baby are healthy and resting.” Scout is Kerri and her husband Casey’s third child and first daughter.
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 0
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 0
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Flashback: Michael Phelps at the Sydney 2000 Olympics 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)