Apr 6, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh-Jennings, who was apparently pregnant during competition at the London Games last summer, gave birth to said child, now named Scout Margery, Saturday morning at 7:46 a.m.
“Our family feels so blessed to have this beautiful new addition to our family,” Walsh Jennings said in a statement Saturday. “We cherish our lil’ Scout already and can’t wait to watch her as she grows in this world alongside her sweet big brothers.”
Kerri’s rep added that the “mother and baby are healthy and resting.” Scout is Kerri and her husband Casey’s third child and first daughter.
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Maribor slalom, snags World Cup lead in teenage finale (video) 1
- Michael Phelps gets engaged (photos) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)