Apr 6, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh-Jennings, who was apparently pregnant during competition at the London Games last summer, gave birth to said child, now named Scout Margery, Saturday morning at 7:46 a.m.
“Our family feels so blessed to have this beautiful new addition to our family,” Walsh Jennings said in a statement Saturday. “We cherish our lil’ Scout already and can’t wait to watch her as she grows in this world alongside her sweet big brothers.”
Kerri’s rep added that the “mother and baby are healthy and resting.” Scout is Kerri and her husband Casey’s third child and first daughter.
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 2
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)