Apr 6, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh-Jennings, who was apparently pregnant during competition at the London Games last summer, gave birth to said child, now named Scout Margery, Saturday morning at 7:46 a.m.
“Our family feels so blessed to have this beautiful new addition to our family,” Walsh Jennings said in a statement Saturday. “We cherish our lil’ Scout already and can’t wait to watch her as she grows in this world alongside her sweet big brothers.”
Kerri’s rep added that the “mother and baby are healthy and resting.” Scout is Kerri and her husband Casey’s third child and first daughter.
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia (video) 1
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 6
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0