Apr 6, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh-Jennings, who was apparently pregnant during competition at the London Games last summer, gave birth to said child, now named Scout Margery, Saturday morning at 7:46 a.m.
“Our family feels so blessed to have this beautiful new addition to our family,” Walsh Jennings said in a statement Saturday. “We cherish our lil’ Scout already and can’t wait to watch her as she grows in this world alongside her sweet big brothers.”
Kerri’s rep added that the “mother and baby are healthy and resting.” Scout is Kerri and her husband Casey’s third child and first daughter.
- WATCH LIVE: U.S.-Canada in IPC World Sled Hockey Championship final — 2:30 p.m. ET 0
- U.S. holds off Usain Bolt at World Relays (video) 0
- Kim Rhode still No. 1 after difficult pregnancy, gun change on road to history in Rio 0
- Jillion Potter done with cancer treatment, eyes U.S. rugby return, Olympics 0
- Jeremy Bloom recalls 2006 Olympics in ‘Fueled by Failure’ 0
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 1
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)