Mar 20, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
Earlier this year we reported that Jordyn Wieber was planning to be back in competition in 2013. Well now it’s official: Jordyn gave her fans an inside look at her new floor routine Tuesday.
The 2012 gold medalist posted a few stills of her performing said routine, as well as a thank you to choreographer Dominic Zito, whose work helped lead her to the 2011 world all-around title, and to the event finals in London last summer.
Zito has also worked with Americans Shannon Miller, Hollie Vice, Bridget Sloan, Carly Patterson, Dominique Moceanu, among others notables.
Tuesday’s photos are among the first of Wieber in training since her coach, John Geddert, announced the gymnast’s comeback on his Facebook page. Jordyn’s immediate goal is to compete at the 2013 National Championships in August. So far she’s made no direct statement about her intentions to compete in Rio in 2016.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 1
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)