Mar 20, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
Earlier this year we reported that Jordyn Wieber was planning to be back in competition in 2013. Well now it’s official: Jordyn gave her fans an inside look at her new floor routine Tuesday.
The 2012 gold medalist posted a few stills of her performing said routine, as well as a thank you to choreographer Dominic Zito, whose work helped lead her to the 2011 world all-around title, and to the event finals in London last summer.
Zito has also worked with Americans Shannon Miller, Hollie Vice, Bridget Sloan, Carly Patterson, Dominique Moceanu, among others notables.
Tuesday’s photos are among the first of Wieber in training since her coach, John Geddert, announced the gymnast’s comeback on his Facebook page. Jordyn’s immediate goal is to compete at the 2013 National Championships in August. So far she’s made no direct statement about her intentions to compete in Rio in 2016.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)