Mar 20, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
Earlier this year we reported that Jordyn Wieber was planning to be back in competition in 2013. Well now it’s official: Jordyn gave her fans an inside look at her new floor routine Tuesday.
The 2012 gold medalist posted a few stills of her performing said routine, as well as a thank you to choreographer Dominic Zito, whose work helped lead her to the 2011 world all-around title, and to the event finals in London last summer.
Zito has also worked with Americans Shannon Miller, Hollie Vice, Bridget Sloan, Carly Patterson, Dominique Moceanu, among others notables.
Tuesday’s photos are among the first of Wieber in training since her coach, John Geddert, announced the gymnast’s comeback on his Facebook page. Jordyn’s immediate goal is to compete at the 2013 National Championships in August. So far she’s made no direct statement about her intentions to compete in Rio in 2016.
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 2
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)