Mar 18, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
After months of rumors, gold medal downhill skier Lindsey Vonn finally admitted to her relationship with Tiger Woods in a Facebook post Monday:
“I guess it wasn’t a well-kept secret, but yes, I am dating Tiger Woods. Our relationship evolved from a friendship into something more over these past few months and it has made me very happy.
“I don’t plan on addressing this further as I would like to keep that part of my life between us, my family and close friends. Thank you for understanding and your continued support! xo LV”
The two met at a charity event last April and became fast friends. Vonn, who helped teach Tiger’s children to ski last year, was been spotted boarding Woods’s private jet after injuring her knee during February’s world championships in Austria, and was photographed boarding his yacht, ironically dubbed Privacy, just last week.
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 0
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 1
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)