Mar 18, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
After months of rumors, gold medal downhill skier Lindsey Vonn finally admitted to her relationship with Tiger Woods in a Facebook post Monday:
“I guess it wasn’t a well-kept secret, but yes, I am dating Tiger Woods. Our relationship evolved from a friendship into something more over these past few months and it has made me very happy.
“I don’t plan on addressing this further as I would like to keep that part of my life between us, my family and close friends. Thank you for understanding and your continued support! xo LV”
The two met at a charity event last April and became fast friends. Vonn, who helped teach Tiger’s children to ski last year, was been spotted boarding Woods’s private jet after injuring her knee during February’s world championships in Austria, and was photographed boarding his yacht, ironically dubbed Privacy, just last week.
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 1
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0