Lindsey Vonn opens up about relationship with Tiger Woods

Mar 18, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT

Courtesy of Lindsey Vonn via Facebook Courtesy of Lindsey Vonn via Facebook

After months of rumors, gold medal downhill skier Lindsey Vonn finally admitted to her relationship with Tiger Woods in a Facebook post Monday:

“I guess it wasn’t a well-kept secret, but yes, I am dating Tiger Woods. Our relationship evolved from a friendship into something more over these past few months and it has made me very happy.

“I don’t plan on addressing this further as I would like to keep that part of my life between us, my family and close friends. Thank you for understanding and your continued support! xo LV”

The two met at a charity event last April and became fast friends. Vonn, who helped teach Tiger’s children to ski last year, was been spotted boarding Woods’s private jet after injuring her knee during February’s world championships in Austria, and was photographed boarding his yacht, ironically dubbed Privacy, just last week.

1. mogogo1 - Mar 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

If this is for real, good for them. But I’m just very suspicious of any celebrity couple who feels the need to publicly announce they’re dating. I see a guy who’s been trying to rebuild his image and a gal who seems to really love the cameras. So far, this has followed the standard PR script for these sorts of things perfectly: 1. Rumor is launched they’re dating, typically attributed to an unnamed source close to them who would normally be mum on their private lives. 2. Attention is soaked up as they are coy and refuse to confirm or deny 3. Finally, official announcement is made…

2. dukeofdubuque - Mar 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I hope she likes Subway.

3. nofunleague - Mar 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Crazy white Girl

4. thehighcountrybear - Mar 19, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Wish them all the best…may happiness and prosperity follow them all their days!

5. breezega - Mar 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Maybe they announced because they got tired of people asking about it. I’m pretty sure they dont have to beg for attention. Last I checked,they’re both pretty good in their respectful fields.

6. wallio - Mar 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

This has all the makings of a trainwreck. Lindsay has to be the center of attention at all times, and Tiger has quite the wandering eye, to put it mildly. This can’t possibly end well.

7. mcqphx - Mar 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Perkins waitress…the best.

8. whitdog23 - Mar 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM

they released pics so papparazzi don’t get paid for a ‘first pic’ of them together. and just confirmed what they had already leaked so they look like ‘the good guys’. standard PR stuff and people believe the orchestration

Yogging a hit at Youth Olympic Games