Mar 16, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
Vancouver gold medalist Yuna Kim blew away the field by more than twenty points Saturday night, as she completed her comeback with a second world title two years after stepping away from the sport.
The South Korean’s flawless long program, set to tunes from Les Miserables, earned her 148.34 points to secure Kim her second world title, and first since the 2009 championships in Los Angeles.
Defending world champ Carolina Kostner of Italy finished second to Kim, and 2010 silver medalist Mao Asada of Japan rounded out the podium.
Americans Ashley Wagner and Gracie turned in solid performances Saturday, earning fifth and sixth place respectively to help the U.S. team secure a third spot at next February’s Sochi Olympics.
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona