Mar 11, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
The Association of Summer Olympic International Federations said Monday that it opposes the IOC expelling wrestling from the 2020 Olympics because, in their words, it isn’t “in the best interests of the IOC or the Olympic movement.”
The group plans to send a “constructive letter to the IOC” detailing its thoughts and hoping to help shape a “different process” for how similar decisions will be made in the future.
Of course, wrestling, which was ousted from the program last month and will need to survive IOC votes in both May and September to get back in the Games, is part of the ASOIF and has its full backing as they fight to retain their Olympic status.
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona