Mar 5, 2013, 9:37 AM EST
Three-time London Olympics medalist Aly Raisman is prepping to dance with the stars in a couple weeks, but apparently she isn’t quite done chasing Olympic gold medals.
At this weekend’s American Cup in Worcester, Mass., where the London floor champ spent her time signing autographs and supporting the young gymnasts from her nearby training center, Raisman said she’ll start working toward Rio after she’s done with her turn on reality TV.
“I love gymnastics a lot, and I just figured I’d keep doing it until I can’t do it anymore,” Raisman told WCVB Saturday. “I love the sport so much and I had such an amazing summer so I want to hopefully have that again.”
The 18-year-old will provide some senior leadership to the U.S. squad that last summer won its first team gold since 1996 despite being made up of five first time Olympians. Popular veterans Nastia Liukin and Alicia Sacramone started their comebacks late in the Olympics cycle and failed to earn spots in London.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)