Feb 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Under Armour announced Thursday that it’s inked an eight-year deal with USA Gymnastics to keep the team suited up for two Olympic cycles, starting at this weekend’s American Cup in Worcester, Mass.
Per the agreement, Team USA gymnasts and coaches will wear Under Armour’s signature gear, including the new Armour39 digital performance monitoring system, at competitions and national team training camps from now through the 2020 Games in a soon to be determined city.
I’m certainly not shy about expressing my appreciation for the USA gymnastics uniforms, especially when the team wraps themselves in the American flag instead of pink. For that reason I’m also happy to mention that Under Armour plans to work hand-in-hand with the GK Elite, which has designed the team’s apparel since the 2000 Sydney Games.
The USA Gymnastics deal is a first in the Summer Olympics category for Under Armour, which already outfits the U.S. speedskating, bobsled, and luge federations in during the winter months.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)