Feb 27, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Three-time 2013 Alpine skiing world champ Ted Ligety recently strapped a GoPro camera on his person during a training run down next year’s Olympic giant slalom course in Sochi, Russia, so that fans could see what he sees on his way down the hill. “It will be the longest GS on the World Cup, ranging from a 1 min 30 secs, to 1 min 40 secs,” the giant slalom specialist and gold medal favorite wrote on his website. “My legs were burning midway not to even mention the bottom. Enjoy!”
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Watch Kim play badminton with Michelle Kwan.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Miller said June 15 he could ski a partial 2015-16 season, and a report last week cited Miller saying he would take at least one year off.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
One city’s mayor is open to discussions.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Horton impressively scaled the warped wall, which is about three times his height.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
The British Olympic heptathlon champion will compete at a global championship for the first time since the London Games.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
A South Sudanese marathon runner competed under a different flag at London 2012.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Her 17-year-old teammate missed out, though, at the World Championships.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
An injury to Dalhausser spelled doom to their partnership.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The 2024 bid race is down to four cities.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
The three-time Olympic champion hasn’t played since dislocating a shoulder July 10.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
Steve Guerdat’s provisional ban was announced last Tuesday.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Hernandez’s history with BMX dates to the womb.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Public support in Boston and Massachusetts has been less than 50 percent for months.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
“Why does it feel good, after running, to pour a bottle of water over your head?”
Jul 27, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
The Rio Games open less than two weeks after the 2016 Tour de France ends.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:18 AM EDT
The U.S. can achieve an Olympic first in Rio de Janeiro next year.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
May is a 36-year-old Cirque du Soleil performer who came out of a 10-year retirement.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
WIlimovsky won the World Championships 10km.
Jul 26, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
Brazil’s coach has said Neymar’s Olympic participation is dependent on talks with Barcelona.
Jul 26, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
More highlights from Phelps’ Q&A at the Doha Goals Forum.
- Phil Dalhausser, Sean Rosenthal split 0
- Boston ends bid for 2024 Olympics; USOC wants another city 5
- Boston mayor: Olympic bid won’t go forward if forced to sign contract today 3
- Neymar: I told Barcelona I want to play in Rio Olympics 1
- Michael Phelps: I’ve looked at my 22 medals together once or twice 0
- Simone Biles routs Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman at Secret Classic 2
- Usain Bolt returns with quick 100m wins in London 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)