Feb 26, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Dancing With the Stars is adding another two Olympic gold medalists to their roster this season, as London gymnast Aly Raisman and 1976 figure skating champ Dorothy Hamill will face off for the relatively coveted Mirror Ball Trophy
Both women will hope to follow in the dance steps of speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno, figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi, and Beijing gymnast Shawn Johnson, who all won their respective seasons.
They’ll also be competing with Olympics pride on the line, since their ilk is currently tied 3-3 with NFL stars Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward, and Donald Driver. Ravens receiver and newly crowned Super Bowl champ Jacoby Jones is representing the league in season sixteen.
Of course, Raisman actually appeared on DWTS last season, when her and the rest of the Fierce Five assisted their former teammate Johnson during the Champion of Champions finals. Johnson finished second, but Aly was simply transcendent.
- Lolo Jones sheds weight, returns to track at Drake Relays 0
- Michael Phelps wins his first preliminary race since London Olympics 0
- Michael Phelps ready to start ‘journey’ in comeback meet 0
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)