Feb 21, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
The U.S. Luge team is enlisting your help (and mine!) in locating five sleds that slid down a road near Allentown, P.A. last Friday, sans racers.
The team’s marketing director, Nagano Olympic silver medalist Gordy Sheer, said he was hauling them back to his hotel after working at a ski resort last week, and didn’t notice that the sleds fell out of the back of his truck. By the time he realized his error and doubled-back, they were gone.
Pennsylvania police got reports that a man in a black truck came and picked up the sleds, valued at between $400 to $600 each, and drove off with them. Sheer doesn’t believe he as any malicious intent, but would still like to get the equipment back.
If you happened to find them, please call the police.
But only after sliding down a mountain (or three).
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming