Feb 18, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
Former NCAA wrestler Anthony Robles, who won a national title in 2011 despite having only one leg, has said he’s coming out of retirement to train for the 2016 Olympics after the IOC recommended that his sport be removed from the Games.
“If this is the last chance to be at that elite level, I want to represent my country and try and take home the gold,” Robles told TMZ this weekend. “The Olympics is the highest level for wrestling … There isn’t a higher platform to reach for.”
Robles, now 24, has been a motivational speaker ever since unofficially retiring from the sport following his title run, but added that he “never said I was retired completely.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:47 AM EST
Vonn is three away from another World Cup mark.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:44 AM EST
Austrian rival puts on a dominating performance in Garmisch.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:31 AM EST
Vonn will get another chance on Monday.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Rousey is undefeated in 11 pro fights since winning Olympic judo bronze in 2008.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:03 AM EST
Meyers Taylor improved from silver medals at the 2013 Worlds and 2014 Olympics.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:55 PM EST
Rio government organization published two videos looking at the construction of Olympic Park.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:22 PM EST
Nibali might not be able to defend his Tour de France title as an Astana rider.
Feb 27, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Ashton Eaton, Brianne Theisen-Eaton are taking different paths to potential gold in Rio.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
“Athletes have wanted this changed for a very long time. It’s been a very long discussion.”
Feb 26, 2015, 4:48 PM EST
U.S. Olympic legend said yes. Top U.S. gymnast says no.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Meanwhile, the Olympic champion is well back in Winterberg.
Feb 25, 2015, 3:34 PM EST
“Would I really slow down that much that I wouldn’t make the (Olympic) team? I don’t think so.”
Feb 25, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
The U.S. is undefeated in six editions of the Ryder Cup-style event.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:37 AM EST
The Opening and Closing ceremonies will be held at a venue separate from the Olympic Stadium for track and field.
Feb 24, 2015, 1:13 PM EST
Powell says he hasn’t competed since 2001.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:08 AM EST
The only NCAA Player of the Year winner since 1997 not to play for the U.S. at a Worlds or Olympics.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Olympians nearly double the previous U.S. tally for World Championships medals.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Inside the locker room with the players and more.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:32 AM EST
Liukin is the third U.S. Olympic champion gymnast to go on the show.
Feb 22, 2015, 8:51 AM EST
Shiffrin won her 13th World Cup race as a teen, bettered by only one woman in history.
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)