Feb 6, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
Weird, that strange feeling of pride that spools up in your chest every time the Olympics come around is back already. You know the one, when the Olympic anthem starts playing and Americans are winning gold and you inexplicably find yourself chanting “U-S-A” with strangers. But you’re just now getting over the majesty of the London Games. Surely we can’t be that close to another Olympics, right?
Au contraire, Wednesday marks one year out from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, and it’s time to get excited. Join us for celebrations all morning on TODAY, all day on NBC, and, really, all year here on OlympicTalk, where we’ll be bringing you everything you need or want to know leading up to the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)