Feb 6, 2013, 8:05 AM EST
Weird, that strange feeling of pride that spools up in your chest every time the Olympics come around is back already. You know the one, when the Olympic anthem starts playing and Americans are winning gold and you inexplicably find yourself chanting “U-S-A” with strangers. But you’re just now getting over the majesty of the London Games. Surely we can’t be that close to another Olympics, right?
Au contraire, Wednesday marks one year out from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, and it’s time to get excited. Join us for celebrations all morning on TODAY, all day on NBC, and, really, all year here on OlympicTalk, where we’ll be bringing you everything you need or want to know leading up to the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)