Feb 4, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Former-ish action star Arnold Schwarzenegger has said he’ll be back for the Sochi, while staring ominously through a pair of dark sunglasses, no doubt. But on Monday the Terminator was home in Schladming, Austria for the Alpine Skiing Worlds, where he introduced his gold medal countryman Hermann Maier, aka the Herminator.
The former California governor also welcomed the crowd, and said he still thinks of Schladming, the city where he grew up and spent so much time with his mother, as home (or so says Google translate). The Herminator seemed to enjoy standing with “Arnie” and said he’s excited that such a “great Austrian personality is so keen on sports.”
They then spent the evening speaking in puns and saving the world.
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 0
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)