Feb 4, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Former-ish action star Arnold Schwarzenegger has said he’ll be back for the Sochi, while staring ominously through a pair of dark sunglasses, no doubt. But on Monday the Terminator was home in Schladming, Austria for the Alpine Skiing Worlds, where he introduced his gold medal countryman Hermann Maier, aka the Herminator.
The former California governor also welcomed the crowd, and said he still thinks of Schladming, the city where he grew up and spent so much time with his mother, as home (or so says Google translate). The Herminator seemed to enjoy standing with “Arnie” and said he’s excited that such a “great Austrian personality is so keen on sports.”
They then spent the evening speaking in puns and saving the world.
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship 0
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)