Feb 4, 2013, 8:34 AM EDT
With a tough season already under her belt and rumors swirling about her personal life, Vancouver downhill gold medalist Lindsey Vonn will be surrounded by bodyguards for the alpine skiing World Championships, which start Tuesday in Austria.
Vonn told the Boston Globe Sunday that her sponsor, Red Bull, brought in security for her “to make sure I can get in and out and not have any difficulty. But I don’t expect there to be any problems. But it’s better to be safe than sorry.”
Vonn has recently been linked romantically to Tiger Woods, but says they’re only friends. She spent much of this season recovering from an intestinal illness after she was hospitalized back in November. She took three weeks off during the holidays but now says she’s fully recovered, though, and ready to prove she’s still the top skier in the world.
“I’m definitely getting ready to get my game face on.”
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?