Feb 1, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
The Baltimore Ravens’ No. 1 fan has arrived in New Orleans, the site of Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Michael Phelps, who can also be called the Greatest Olympian of All Time (G.O.A.T.), hopes to cap his busy – and definitely exciting – week by witnessing a Ravens victory over the San Francisco 49ers.
Phelps visited the Ping headquarters in Phoenix earlier this week, where he was fitted with a brand new – and custom designed – set of golf clubs. And when we say custom, we really mean custom. Then the 22-time Olympic medalist played in Wednesday’s pro-Am with golfer Bubba Watson at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, where he was mobbed by fans, got booed on the famous par-3 16th hole and admitted he was “very nervous” playing golf in front of so many people.
(Note: We’ll see more of Phelps on the golf course starting Feb. 25 on Golf Channel.)
After his round on the links, Phelps hopped on a plane bound for Super Bowl land. Now he’s there to cheer on his favorite team (the Ravens) and his favorite player (Ray Lewis). We’ll leave out any deer antler jokes.
But seriously, enjoy NOLA, Mr. G.O.A.T.
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 0
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 2
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)