Jan 27, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Two-time Olympic gold medal snowboarder Shaun White won his sixth straight X Games superpipe title Sunday in Aspen, pulling off two double corks and his signature Double-McTwist to earn 98 points on his second of three runs. White actually earned the second best score of the night, too, grabbing 95 points on his first time through the pipe.
The Flying Tomato’s closest competition was 14-year-old Ayumu Hirano of Japan, who scored a 92.33 to walk away with silver in his first X Games, making him the event’s youngest medalist.
“I remember my first time at X Games, I could barely drop in my knees were shaking so bad,” White told ESPN. “I’m proud of him… I was surprised to see him doing so well.”
Markus Malin of Finland took home bronze.
Check out White’s winning run:
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut