Jan 25, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Rumors have recently been swirling about whether Tiger Woods and Olympic gold medal skier Lindsey Vonn are dating, with the words “might” and “possibly” being carefully attached to all stories about the world class athletes’ romantic encounters.
It’s especially strange since Tiger is also rumored to have proposed to former wife, Elin Nordegren, and last week deflected questions about his personal life during a tournament in Abu Dhabi.
Now Vonn is similarly deflecting the rumor in a statement released by her publicist.
“Lindsey is currently in the midst of the World Cup season in Europe. Her focus is solely on competing and on defending her titles and thus she will not participate in any speculation surrounding her personal life at this time.”
The pair was said to have been seen spending time together on the slopes in Austria back in November.
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 5
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Mikaela Shiffrin eyes breakthrough with World Cup season approaching 0
- Oscar Pistorius trial judge rules out murder, verdict incomplete 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)