Jan 25, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Rumors have recently been swirling about whether Tiger Woods and Olympic gold medal skier Lindsey Vonn are dating, with the words “might” and “possibly” being carefully attached to all stories about the world class athletes’ romantic encounters.
It’s especially strange since Tiger is also rumored to have proposed to former wife, Elin Nordegren, and last week deflected questions about his personal life during a tournament in Abu Dhabi.
Now Vonn is similarly deflecting the rumor in a statement released by her publicist.
“Lindsey is currently in the midst of the World Cup season in Europe. Her focus is solely on competing and on defending her titles and thus she will not participate in any speculation surrounding her personal life at this time.”
The pair was said to have been seen spending time together on the slopes in Austria back in November.
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Ted Ligety struggles in first race of season (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)