Jan 25, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Rumors have recently been swirling about whether Tiger Woods and Olympic gold medal skier Lindsey Vonn are dating, with the words “might” and “possibly” being carefully attached to all stories about the world class athletes’ romantic encounters.
It’s especially strange since Tiger is also rumored to have proposed to former wife, Elin Nordegren, and last week deflected questions about his personal life during a tournament in Abu Dhabi.
Now Vonn is similarly deflecting the rumor in a statement released by her publicist.
“Lindsey is currently in the midst of the World Cup season in Europe. Her focus is solely on competing and on defending her titles and thus she will not participate in any speculation surrounding her personal life at this time.”
The pair was said to have been seen spending time together on the slopes in Austria back in November.
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 0
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)