Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
San Francisco 49ers star Vernon Davis is heading to his first career Super Bowl in a couple weeks. And while football is all well and good for paying the bills, it seems that the tight end’s true passion is curling. Yes, curling. And he credits it for helping him learn how to become a total team player.
“Curling, man, it humbles you,” he told AOL Fanhouse. Deep. Davis apparently fell on his backside during his first time down the ice, but he kept at it and has even thrown charity curling events.
Check it out:
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)