Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
San Francisco 49ers star Vernon Davis is heading to his first career Super Bowl in a couple weeks. And while football is all well and good for paying the bills, it seems that the tight end’s true passion is curling. Yes, curling. And he credits it for helping him learn how to become a total team player.
“Curling, man, it humbles you,” he told AOL Fanhouse. Deep. Davis apparently fell on his backside during his first time down the ice, but he kept at it and has even thrown charity curling events.
Check it out:
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- U.S. sweeps women’s bobsled in Park City (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)