Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
San Francisco 49ers star Vernon Davis is heading to his first career Super Bowl in a couple weeks. And while football is all well and good for paying the bills, it seems that the tight end’s true passion is curling. Yes, curling. And he credits it for helping him learn how to become a total team player.
“Curling, man, it humbles you,” he told AOL Fanhouse. Deep. Davis apparently fell on his backside during his first time down the ice, but he kept at it and has even thrown charity curling events.
Check it out:
- Evan Lysacek: ‘My career is coming to an end’ 0
- Usain Bolt takes on all questions in India 0
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)