Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
San Francisco 49ers star Vernon Davis is heading to his first career Super Bowl in a couple weeks. And while football is all well and good for paying the bills, it seems that the tight end’s true passion is curling. Yes, curling. And he credits it for helping him learn how to become a total team player.
“Curling, man, it humbles you,” he told AOL Fanhouse. Deep. Davis apparently fell on his backside during his first time down the ice, but he kept at it and has even thrown charity curling events.
Check it out:
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 1
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)