Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
San Francisco 49ers star Vernon Davis is heading to his first career Super Bowl in a couple weeks. And while football is all well and good for paying the bills, it seems that the tight end’s true passion is curling. Yes, curling. And he credits it for helping him learn how to become a total team player.
“Curling, man, it humbles you,” he told AOL Fanhouse. Deep. Davis apparently fell on his backside during his first time down the ice, but he kept at it and has even thrown charity curling events.
Check it out:
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 6
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)