Jan 24, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
The X Games have slowly but surely infiltrated the Winter Olympics, and for that we can mostly thank gold medal snowboarder Shaun White. The popular halfpipe and ski cross and the like are all enjoyed on both stages, and as slopestyle debuts in Sochi next year, there seems to remain only one exciting event left sitting on the sidelines, waiting for its shot. Yes, the snowmobile: winter’s motorcycle, or maybe ATV.
If you havent watched someone try to flip one while wondering if they’ll land safely or die, which sometimes seem like the only two options, well then you haven’t seen all there is to love about the X Games. And while the Olympic aerials are a fun, if not chaotic event thrown in to appease cold gymnastics’ fans waiting for figure skating to start, how much more exciting is it to see someone do tricks on a snowmobile?
The answer: much more. Check out the freestyle event tonight at 7:30pm if you don’t believe me.
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 0
- Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record, wins World Championship 0
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 3
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 1
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)