Jan 24, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
The X Games have slowly but surely infiltrated the Winter Olympics, and for that we can mostly thank gold medal snowboarder Shaun White. The popular halfpipe and ski cross and the like are all enjoyed on both stages, and as slopestyle debuts in Sochi next year, there seems to remain only one exciting event left sitting on the sidelines, waiting for its shot. Yes, the snowmobile: winter’s motorcycle, or maybe ATV.
If you havent watched someone try to flip one while wondering if they’ll land safely or die, which sometimes seem like the only two options, well then you haven’t seen all there is to love about the X Games. And while the Olympic aerials are a fun, if not chaotic event thrown in to appease cold gymnastics’ fans waiting for figure skating to start, how much more exciting is it to see someone do tricks on a snowmobile?
The answer: much more. Check out the freestyle event tonight at 7:30pm if you don’t believe me.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)