Jan 22, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
Estimated ticket prices for the Sochi Olympics will range from $33 for the women’s team luge event to $1,320 per seat for the men’s hockey final.
Figure skating prices will reach upwards of $650 for the best seats, but a statement from the Sochi organizers says that “most” tickets will fall into pricing categories including $33, $50, $82, and $100.
“The order and conditions of ticket acquisition will be announced by the organizing committee together with the start of sales” in February, added the statement. However, prices haven’t been finalized.
The good news is that fans won’t be gouged when they arrive in Sochi, since Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law earlier this month that punishes Olympic ticket scalpers with a $33,000 fine.
But, while you’re waiting to purchase tickets, you can get in the Olympic spirit by ordering one of these cool Winter Olympics Games vests. Available now!
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 0
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)