Jan 22, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
Estimated ticket prices for the Sochi Olympics will range from $33 for the women’s team luge event to $1,320 per seat for the men’s hockey final.
Figure skating prices will reach upwards of $650 for the best seats, but a statement from the Sochi organizers says that “most” tickets will fall into pricing categories including $33, $50, $82, and $100.
“The order and conditions of ticket acquisition will be announced by the organizing committee together with the start of sales” in February, added the statement. However, prices haven’t been finalized.
The good news is that fans won’t be gouged when they arrive in Sochi, since Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law earlier this month that punishes Olympic ticket scalpers with a $33,000 fine.
But, while you’re waiting to purchase tickets, you can get in the Olympic spirit by ordering one of these cool Winter Olympics Games vests. Available now!
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 0
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 2
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)