Jan 22, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
Estimated ticket prices for the Sochi Olympics will range from $33 for the women’s team luge event to $1,320 per seat for the men’s hockey final.
Figure skating prices will reach upwards of $650 for the best seats, but a statement from the Sochi organizers says that “most” tickets will fall into pricing categories including $33, $50, $82, and $100.
“The order and conditions of ticket acquisition will be announced by the organizing committee together with the start of sales” in February, added the statement. However, prices haven’t been finalized.
The good news is that fans won’t be gouged when they arrive in Sochi, since Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law earlier this month that punishes Olympic ticket scalpers with a $33,000 fine.
But, while you’re waiting to purchase tickets, you can get in the Olympic spirit by ordering one of these cool Winter Olympics Games vests. Available now!
- Ato Boldon’s track and field season awards 0
- Analyzing the U.S. gymnastics women’s World Championships team 0
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)