Jan 21, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
Mustachioed Baltimore swim legend Michael Phelps was excited to see the Ravens heading back to the Super Bowl after avenging last year’s AFC Championship loss to the Patriots, and told Yahoo!Sports that linebacker Ray Lewis was at least partly responsible for Phelps returning to the pool for the London Games.
“I think he’s probably the most inspirational person I’ve ever met in my entire life. A lot of people don’t know this, but he was one of the biggest reasons why I came back for four more years. Just some of the things that we have talked about, and he’s helped me get through, I can’t be more happier.”
So we can all happily thank Lewis and his famous dance for our opportunity to enjoy six more medals from Phelps, who won numbers seventeen through 22 this summer to became the most decorated Olympian in history. U-S-A! U-S-A!
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Maribor slalom, snags World Cup lead in teenage finale (video) 1
- Michael Phelps gets engaged (photos) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)