Jan 11, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The secret of Mikaela Shiffrin is out after she became the first American alpine skier to win two World Cup races before the age of 18 last week.
Now, some of her favorite Olympians are celebrating her success and following her on Twitter, including gold medal gymnasts Nastia Liukin and Aly Raisman.
“You honestly have to be kidding me,” Mikaela Tweeted. “Did someone let it slip that gymnastics is my favorite Summer Olympic event?”
She’s since traded messages with Raisman and gained hundreds of new fans. She now has more than 3,500 followers, and we believe she’ll have thousands more after Sochi next year.
Mikaela currently sits sixth in overall World Cup points this season, and she races Lindsey Vonn this weekend in Austria.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)