Jan 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
There’s nearly nothing Olympic swimming legend Michael Phelps can do that we wouldn’t deem newsworthy. Even growing a mustache. Especially growing a mustache like the swimmer he dethroned as greatest-of-all-time, Mark Spitz.
The newly single 18-time gold medalist was spotted poolside in the Bahamas with friends (and a lovely lady) only a couple weeks after New Years, when news broke that he and his girlfriend of about ten months, Megan Rossee, had split.
He was also competing in the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Main Event, but got knocked out on day two after a solid early showing. So instead, the retired-swimmer-turned-golfer decided it was time to catch some sun and party.
And while we wish we could say that this was Phelps’s most horrendous facial hairstyle to date, we, sadly, cannot.
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 1
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 1
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 1
- Miracle on Ice hockey player selling his Olympic gold medal 1
- Evelyn Furtsch Ojeda is first female U.S. Olympic champion to reach 100 years old 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ prosthetic leg used in testimony 0
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)