Jan 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
There’s nearly nothing Olympic swimming legend Michael Phelps can do that we wouldn’t deem newsworthy. Even growing a mustache. Especially growing a mustache like the swimmer he dethroned as greatest-of-all-time, Mark Spitz.
The newly single 18-time gold medalist was spotted poolside in the Bahamas with friends (and a lovely lady) only a couple weeks after New Years, when news broke that he and his girlfriend of about ten months, Megan Rossee, had split.
He was also competing in the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Main Event, but got knocked out on day two after a solid early showing. So instead, the retired-swimmer-turned-golfer decided it was time to catch some sun and party.
And while we wish we could say that this was Phelps’s most horrendous facial hairstyle to date, we, sadly, cannot.
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)