Jan 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
There’s nearly nothing Olympic swimming legend Michael Phelps can do that we wouldn’t deem newsworthy. Even growing a mustache. Especially growing a mustache like the swimmer he dethroned as greatest-of-all-time, Mark Spitz.
The newly single 18-time gold medalist was spotted poolside in the Bahamas with friends (and a lovely lady) only a couple weeks after New Years, when news broke that he and his girlfriend of about ten months, Megan Rossee, had split.
He was also competing in the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Main Event, but got knocked out on day two after a solid early showing. So instead, the retired-swimmer-turned-golfer decided it was time to catch some sun and party.
And while we wish we could say that this was Phelps’s most horrendous facial hairstyle to date, we, sadly, cannot.
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- U.S. sweeps women’s bobsled in Park City (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)