Jan 11, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
The IOC banned India late in 2012 after the country’s Olympic Committee failed to heed warning that government interference would be lead to sanctions, and went ahead with the appointment of corrupt official Lalit Bhanot to secretary-general.
Now the IOC has a similar concerns with Pakistan after alleged political interference with the Sports Board. There are so far no specifics, other than that the government is meddling, but the IOC say that it is “aware of the situation and is closely monitoring the issue with the national Olympic committee.”
Pakistan brought 21 competitors in four sports to the London Olympics, but failed to capture any medals. In fact, there last triumph was a bronze in men’s field hockey back in 1992.
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings