Jan 10, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Ever wonder what it’s like to be U.S Alpine skiing superstar Ted Ligety? You’ll get an inside look at the Olympic gold medalist and world champion this weekend.
On Sunday from 3:30-4 p.m. ET, NBC will broadcast U.S. Ski Team 36, a documentary that will take us through the 36 hours before Ligety’s giant slalom race at Alta Badia, a ski resort nestled deep in the Italian Dolomites. We’ll see Ligety traveling on a mountain pass (in his car; skiing might take more than 36 hours), Ligety getting on the ski lift, Ligety taking practice runs and, finally, Ligety racing for a World Cup title.
Ligety, as you may know, is literally shredding the competition this season. He leads the World Cup giant slalom standings by 40 points and is third in the overall season standings.
Between NFL playoff games and this behind-the-scenes look at Ligety (who also goes by “Shred”), Sunday is shaping up to be a pretty good day.
Check out this teaser:
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)