Jan 10, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Ever wonder what it’s like to be U.S Alpine skiing superstar Ted Ligety? You’ll get an inside look at the Olympic gold medalist and world champion this weekend.
On Sunday from 3:30-4 p.m. ET, NBC will broadcast U.S. Ski Team 36, a documentary that will take us through the 36 hours before Ligety’s giant slalom race at Alta Badia, a ski resort nestled deep in the Italian Dolomites. We’ll see Ligety traveling on a mountain pass (in his car; skiing might take more than 36 hours), Ligety getting on the ski lift, Ligety taking practice runs and, finally, Ligety racing for a World Cup title.
Ligety, as you may know, is literally shredding the competition this season. He leads the World Cup giant slalom standings by 40 points and is third in the overall season standings.
Between NFL playoff games and this behind-the-scenes look at Ligety (who also goes by “Shred”), Sunday is shaping up to be a pretty good day.
Check out this teaser:
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 1
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 1
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)