Jan 10, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Ever wonder what it’s like to be U.S Alpine skiing superstar Ted Ligety? You’ll get an inside look at the Olympic gold medalist and world champion this weekend.
On Sunday from 3:30-4 p.m. ET, NBC will broadcast U.S. Ski Team 36, a documentary that will take us through the 36 hours before Ligety’s giant slalom race at Alta Badia, a ski resort nestled deep in the Italian Dolomites. We’ll see Ligety traveling on a mountain pass (in his car; skiing might take more than 36 hours), Ligety getting on the ski lift, Ligety taking practice runs and, finally, Ligety racing for a World Cup title.
Ligety, as you may know, is literally shredding the competition this season. He leads the World Cup giant slalom standings by 40 points and is third in the overall season standings.
Between NFL playoff games and this behind-the-scenes look at Ligety (who also goes by “Shred”), Sunday is shaping up to be a pretty good day.
Check out this teaser:
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)