Jan 10, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
Lindsey Vonn is back!
The Vancouver gold medalist who struggled through competitions the last few months after being hospitalized with an intestinal illness and suffering through a lack of energy, has returned after three weeks of recovery in Colorado.
Vonn told the Boston Herald that she was happy to be back competing, and that she was “feeling good, feeling happy, and strong.” She added that her sabbatical was “important for me because after being sick my legs just weren’t strong anymore. At some point you have to listen to your body.”
She’ll be back on the slopes competing against World Cup leader points leader Tina Maze this weekend in Austria, skiing in a World Cup downhill event on Saturday, and in the super-G on Sunday.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)