Jan 10, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
Lindsey Vonn is back!
The Vancouver gold medalist who struggled through competitions the last few months after being hospitalized with an intestinal illness and suffering through a lack of energy, has returned after three weeks of recovery in Colorado.
Vonn told the Boston Herald that she was happy to be back competing, and that she was “feeling good, feeling happy, and strong.” She added that her sabbatical was “important for me because after being sick my legs just weren’t strong anymore. At some point you have to listen to your body.”
She’ll be back on the slopes competing against World Cup leader points leader Tina Maze this weekend in Austria, skiing in a World Cup downhill event on Saturday, and in the super-G on Sunday.
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)