Jan 10, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
Lindsey Vonn is back!
The Vancouver gold medalist who struggled through competitions the last few months after being hospitalized with an intestinal illness and suffering through a lack of energy, has returned after three weeks of recovery in Colorado.
Vonn told the Boston Herald that she was happy to be back competing, and that she was “feeling good, feeling happy, and strong.” She added that her sabbatical was “important for me because after being sick my legs just weren’t strong anymore. At some point you have to listen to your body.”
She’ll be back on the slopes competing against World Cup leader points leader Tina Maze this weekend in Austria, skiing in a World Cup downhill event on Saturday, and in the super-G on Sunday.
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir at Super Bowl Media Day (video) 0
- Galen Rupp talks training with Mo Farah, marathons, weird drug test story 0
- Russian Olympic, World champions get doping bans 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin lead World Alpine Skiing Championships women’s preview 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch relay details announced 0
- K.C. Boutiette returns to World Cup speed skating for first time since 2006 0
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)